It's probably hard to imagine that your copy can save a life. That's why I want to tell you about Ralph Snyder.
A leukemia sufferer, his doctors said he had the worst case they'd seen in 20 years. One afternoon he found a letter in his mailbox from the Health Sciences Institute. Inside was information on a little-known herbal cancer fighter.
Ralph began taking it, and almost immediately his blood counts improved. Soon he'd gained back 80 pounds and his oncologists were declaring him cancer-free - "The Miracle Man" they called him!
Now consider this... the letter that saved Ralph's life could have easily been written by you.
You can help people grow healthy and happy while earning just as much as (if not more than) most doctors. But instead of their long stressful hours, you'll enjoy the wonderful freedom of a copywriter's lifestyle.
Earn $8,000+ per letter while helping
others enjoy longer, healthier lives!
Maybe you've always assumed the financial arena is the place for "big money" jobs. You're right.
But it's important for you to know that health writers are quietly banking six-figure paydays, too. In fact, they're routinely earning $8,000, $15,000, even $25,000 plus royalties for a single direct-mail package!
And there's simply no bigger satisfaction than knowing you're educating others on how to live longer, more energetic lives.
I'm Katie Yeakle, AWAI's Executive Director, and I'm writing to you today to show you how you can use your copywriting skills in one of the most satisfying and lucrative direct-mail sectors there is - the health market.
Cash in on the $162 BILLION
Everywhere you look, there's talk about how to get healthier. How to fight cancer. How to lose weight. How to beat the flu. And as more experts point to nutrition as the solution, demand for dietary supplements is skyrocketing. In fact, global need has already topped $162 billion a year!
And that's good news for you. Supplement marketers are kicking up their product development and marketing budgets. In other words there are considerably more, higher paying copywriting jobs for you to choose from in the mail and online than ever before.
For example, a recent nutritional product expo in Anaheim, California, brought together more than 2,600 companies marketing their vitamins, minerals, herbs, sports nutrition formulas and other supplements. And each one is your potential client. They all need copy such as sales letters, brochures, space ads, e-promotions and web content on a regular basis.
And this is just a fraction of the supplement companies out there who are willing to pay top dollar for your skills.
Add another $30 BILLION a year
for alternative therapies
Twenty years ago, most of us had never even heard of acupuncture! But now, this "alternative" therapy and others like it are becoming... well, mainstream.
Just consider that more than half of all Americans are using them. And they're spending a great deal of money - a whopping $30 billion a year - for treatments like acupuncture, yoga, massage and homeopathic therapies. And the market's still growing...
According to Debra Stanley, a list broker (someone who brokers lists of names for mail and email marketing), "There are more than 5 million names in the universe of lists in the alternative health market. That's up considerably from even five years ago, and that's because of the increased awareness and openness of Americans to alternative versus conventional medicine."
It's easy to see how there's a real need for more sales copy for the books and newsletters that health information marketers are selling to these buyers. In fact, a single health information marketer may regularly mail 200,000 pieces of direct mail a month and spend at least $100,000 a year paying freelance writers just like you!
Plus, pets needs help staying healthy, too.
Even pet owners around the country are buying specialty health products for their dogs, cats, horses and other animals to the tune of $960 million a year. Joint supplements for dogs and vitamins for cats are among today's top sellers. And as competition grows, pet supplement companies are also willing to pay handsomely for copy that works.
As a new health writer you can earn anywhere from $2,500 to $8,000 per letter in any of these areas. And if your copy sells, the vast majority of marketers will have no problem paying you a royalty on top of that. (Think about this: make 3¢ a name for a 200,000 piece mailing, and that's an extra $6,000 in your pocket!)
As you get more experienced, you can charge even more. Remember, top health copywriters can easily make $25,000 for one direct-mail package... plus royalties!
Hopefully you're starting to realize that as a health writer you can reach your financial goals sooner than you may have thought. Plus, you'll take pleasure in knowing you're doing important work to help others.
But writing health copy is satisfying in another way, too...
Join what many describe as the
most interesting, fast-paced market around
New medical discoveries are being made around the world every single day. And as a health writer, you get inside information on them... in many cases, before most doctors do.
For instance, you may learn how a root used for centuries by African Shamans contains natural compounds that fight modern day diseases like diabetes. Or how simple vitamins and minerals can make cancer patients feel better during chemotherapy, even heal more quickly. Even find out about brand-new medical screening tests for everything from heart disease to Alzheimer's disease.
Health writers are always hearing exciting stories, often from the very scientists and patients who are making health history!
What's more, everything you learn can help improve your own health and that of your family and friends, too. It's no wonder health copywriters quickly earn the respect of their peers.
If you're interested in bringing home a solid six figures a year and having a great deal of job satisfaction, you're in luck. Right now is a great time to break into the field of health copywriting.
"Know any good health copywriters?
I need one NOW!"
(Overheard from a leading health marketer at AWAI's bootcamp 2006)
During the Job Fair at AWAI's annual FastTrack to Copywriting Success Bootcamp, I couldn't help but notice how many health marketers were searching for new copywriters. In fact, this past year, I heard more than one big name asking around.
Since these companies are developing new products to keep up with the need for nutritional supplements, alternative health newsletters and books, they're in constant want of writers who understand the health market. Alternative Health Consultant Kevin Finn agrees:
"There is a huge void in the market for good alternative health copywriters. I talk with at least a dozen clients on a monthly basis that tell me they're looking for more alternative health copywriters."
In fact, large companies like Agora Health often book their freelance writers months in advance to ensure they'll get their copy when they want it! That's great news for you. Not only are health marketers searching for fresh new talent, but with a little knowledge, you can very quickly become in demand and enjoy a steady stream of well-paying jobs.
Getting your foot in the door to a highly paid
copywriting career is easier than ever before...
The health market has changed a lot since we first developed AWAI's Secrets of Writing for the Health Market program back in 2003. And after listening to some of today's top health writers, we realized that we could do even more to help members like you get established in this lucrative niche.
So we sought out one of the best in the business to give you an insider's look on the "how to's" of writing health copy...
I'm talking about Dana Nicholas. For five years, Dana was president of the health division at Weiss Research (a major consumer publisher of newsletters) and was responsible for millions of dollars in sales of supplements, books, newsletters and lots more.
Dana helped us take our health market copywriting program apart at the seams... adding dozens of real life examples from high-performing controls... a slew of insider secrets for writing winners in the mail and online... plus tips the pros use to save time researching.
To put it simply, here's everything you need to start writing your own controls for supplements, newsletters, books and more and make well over six figures in a single year! It's all inside AWAI's newly updated, expanded Secrets of Writing for the Health Market program.
- The architecture of a health lead. You'll discover 7 proven tactics to grab readers using real headlines and leads pulled directly from today's top controls in weight-loss, pain, heart health, newsletters and immune system enhancement. It's like having a ready-made outline for each promotion you write!
- The 7 secrets of super successful supplement controls. Dana walks you through two heart supplement controls revealing why one's far more successful. These subtle techniques are the difference between having a control that mails for two months and one that mails for two years!
- People's relationship with pain, suffering, or discomfort is as intimate as it gets. You'll learn which emotional "hot buttons" to push to become a master of emotion and lead your prospect straight to a sale.
- How to write as a "doctor," plus four other powerful "voices" to create instant credibility for your health product.And you'll get 3 surefire ways to ensure the tone is just right.
- The single secret of writing an effective e-letter. The health writers who use this marketing secret with accompanying promotions will get the sales - and command higher fees.
- The 3 "must have" research books top health writers keep within arm's reach on their desk. These will make finding info on clinical trials, health conditions, natural treatments and ingredients a snap!
And that's just scratching the surface. You'll also get...
Invaluable insights from today's
top health copywriters and marketers
We sat down with more than a half dozen leading health copywriters and other marketers to pick their brains on everything from writing copy to navigating the maze of information from doctors and health experts in this rapidly changing field. Get ready for some surprising insights that can shave years off your learning curve!
You'll hear from...
- Arthur Johnson, one of today's most sought-after health copywriters - especially for health newsletters. With more than 20 years experience, he's written for Agora Health, Phillips Health and others.
- Karen Reddel, managing director, Northstar Nutritionals. Karen has helped develop copy and marketing strategy for over two dozen nutritional supplements for every area of men's and women's health.
- Nina Camp has been writing health copy for over 10 years. Known for her attention to detail, she'll tell you what you need to know (and what you don't) about current health trends.
- Al Serin, president of Vitalmax Vitamins. With more than 30 nutritional supplements, energy snacks and alternative health books on the market, Al reveals his secrets to writing winning controls.
Candid, personal experiences like these you simply can't put a price on. Up until now, only copywriters already working in the health industry were privy to this level of insight!
And this is just the start of the exclusive information you'll get from the nearly one dozen copywriters and marketers you'll hear from in AWAI's expanded Secrets of Writing for the Health Market program.
You should know that these experts aren't just talking theory, they're getting down to the nitty-gritty of writing using live examples from the health industry's most successful promotions.
Receive 10 leading health
controls analyzed line by line
When AWAI decided to team up with the editors of the leading trade journal in the direct-mail industry, Inside Direct Mail, we asked for the top 10 health controls that could help you write stronger copy in less time. And they delivered...
These editors compiled an entire library of high-performance health controls and then offered their own expert analysis. You'll learn the secrets of long-time controls for health books, newsletters and more from Johns Hopkins, Rodale Health Books, Boardroom Health, Agora Health Publishing and many others.
If you were able to track down and purchase this 10-sample library on CD, it would cost as much as $500! But it's just one of the many resources we've put together for you in our brand-new, recently expanded Secrets of Writing for the Health Market program.
You'll even know exactly where to find your first client...
Get a list of 258 alternative
and traditional health companies
Alternative health companies aren't the only ones who rely on direct mail for the bulk of their sales. Traditional health clients do, too. I'm talking about companies for medical supplies, organizations for diabetes, and foundations for cancer and stroke victims. They also want your copywriting skills. And now you can get a comprehensive contact list all in one place.
We'll send you an updated database profiling 258 alternative and traditional companies that use health copywriters. Detailed information like this is usually reserved for marketing insiders, but we've arranged to get this list from Target Marketing's Directory of Major Mailers. On it is everything you need to begin your successful career as a health copywriter.
While the full Directory of Major Mailers sells for $799, you'll get this specially researched potential client list as part of AWAI's newly expanded Secrets of Writing for the Health Market program. And that's not all. When you sign up for this program, we'll also send you four hands-on resources that will help you become an expert in the health niche in the fastest time possible. These are the tools you need to make more money on every piece of copy you write...
Special report #1:
FTC Guide to Supplements
In recent years, the rules have changed concerning claims nutritional products can make. In this Special Report, you'll learn how to write supplement copy that meets Federal Trade Commission standards. This 32-page guide is a time-saving must-have for any health writer. And just mention to a prospective client that you're familiar with these rules, and you'll see your value rise!
Special report #2:
The Guide to Marketing Weight-Loss Products
Weight-loss is always a hot topic in natural health. Whether you're writing about a supplement, a diet or a simple exercise regimen, there's a lot of information on the internet and in books right now. Unfortunately, much of it isn't true. That's why we're sending you this 16-page Special Report created by a coalition of health-care professionals. Inside you'll learn how to market weight-loss products accurately and effectively. And you'll uncover dozens of strategies you can use to strengthen your copy and raise your credibility with prospects.
Special report #3:
"How To" Marketing Guide for
Profitable List Selection
You can write a fantastic headline and follow it up with great copy, but your promotion can still fail. The reason could be the list. If you're working with a small client, it pays to learn how the bigger, more successful direct-mail marketers select their lists. So we've created this Special Report that spells out everything you need to know. For instance, you'll learn how to help your small clients pick the absolute best lists, how to conduct a test, and a simple formula you can use to evaluate list performance. These three advanced skills can double your chances of winning a long-standing control and regular royalty checks!
Special report #4:
A Ready-Made Swipe File of 25 Health Promotions
Any health writer will tell you, building a proper "swipe" file - a library of health promotions you'll reference for ideas - can take months, even years. Especially when you can never be sure that the promotions you're getting in your mailbox are the real winners! Now you can take away the guess work with the ready-made swipe file of 25 health promotions we've compiled for you. These promotions are used throughout the program to illustrate the good, the bad and the ugly.
And please understand, these aren't ordinary health promotions. This Special Report features legendary direct-mail promotions from the Bob Livingston Letter, Health Resources, Nature's Aide Vitamins, the Health Sciences Institute and many others. You can use them all as models of what works for certain types of products. You'll get ideas for powerful headlines, great leads and compelling copy. And you'll see the type of copy you'll want to avoid.
What's more, we'll send you all four of these Special Reports on CD so they'll always be handy for reference when you're writing. And that's not all...
Even more new tools to earn
$100,000+ as a health copywriter
Included in the newly expanded Secrets of Writing for the Health Market program itself, you'll find not only inside information on the how-to's of writing health copy, but also crucial tips that will make it easier to succeed in this exciting direct-mail sector, resources like...
- Magalogs and tabloids. These are the most prolific marketing pieces used in promoting health products today. We've devoted a whole section to writing your lead, teasers, sidebars, and what to put where. Including 10 examples of effective sidebars.
- A special section that reveals 10 insider tips for successful interviewing. Health copywriters are always talking to doctors, product formulators and other non-writers. You'll get valuable insider secrets for successful interviewing to help you get exactly what you need in less time.
- The top 36 websites for health writers featuring up-to-date medical information, clinical trials, and doctor-reviewed articles on diseases, tests and surgeries. They're vital for finding credible medical research on the internet and weeding out junk.
- An entire chapter devoted to marketing yourself. You'll discover four proven techniques to land high-paying copy jobs with doctors, supplement companies, health newsletters, health foundations and more.
The newly expanded Secrets of Writing for the Health Market program reveals everything you need to find good clients and write winning copy from headline to close. And you'll learn it all directly from the nation's leading health marketers and copywriters - combined there's over 100 years of experience packed into this program!
While doctors spend a decade - and hundreds of thousands of dollars - in school to learn how to heal, you certainly don't need a medical degree to write health copy. All you need is a computer, a curious mind, and the desire to help others regain healthy, active and enjoyable lives.
This updated and expanded Secrets of Writing for the Health Market program is designed to strengthen your existing copywriting skills even further, prepare you for success in this one-of-a-kind niche, and boost your income potential to the next level.
As Bob Bly said at a recent conference, "Specialists almost always get paid better and are in more demand than generalists." We've found it's true. And that's why we've included another bonus to help you launch your career as a health copywriter as quickly as possible...
Get your first health copywriting assignment
before you even finish the program
I'm a very firm believer in the motto, "The best way to learn is by doing." That's why we've arranged for you to receive a live "spec" assignment with the updated program materials.
It's a real writing assignment from a major nutritional supplement company that mails over 200,000 letters a month. If they like your copy and decide to test it, you'll get paid, too. And I guarantee if your letter does go in the mail, your earnings from this one project will more than cover the cost of this program.
In just a matter of weeks, you could be working as a health copywriter and opening your door to a steady stream of exciting, satisfying and profitable work. Talk about kick-starting your career!
Join the top health copywriters working today
With all of the new techniques, high-performance health controls, insider interviews and exceptional resources we've included in the newly expanded Secrets of Writing for the Health Market program, it's easily valued at over $2,000.
However, as part of this special introductory offer, you won't pay even one-fourth of that. Despite the fact that with so many new insights this program has doubled in size from six chapters to twelve, you'll still pay only $399 for the entire program! You read that right... we're not raising the price by a single penny!
And consider that if you land just one of the clients you'll learn about in the materials you'll receive, you're likely to cover this cost many times over.
Sign on today, and we'll send you:
- UPDATED! The expanded program book, Secrets of Writing for the Health Market, which includes not only all the fundamentals, techniques, and secrets you need to launch your career in this growing market, but also invaluable extras from Dana Nicholas on writing brochures, maglogs and e-promotions... candid conversations with top writers and marketers... a listing of 36 health websites... and a special section devoted to proven techniques for marketing yourself as a health copywriter, so you can land high-paying health jobs fast.
- UPDATED! A library of 10 high-performance health controls for health books, newsletters and more with line-by-line analysis from the editors of Inside Direct Mail. You'll learn the secrets that can help you write stronger copy in less time.
- UPDATED! More than 250 potential clients including alternative and traditional health companies who are looking to hire fresh new copywriters. You get access to the invaluable industry contacts you'll need to immediately launch your new career as a highly successful health copywriter.
- NEW! FTC Guide to Supplements - in this 32-page guide, you'll learn what clients expect you to know when you're writing supplement copy. Plus, how to make claims that are accurate and still clinch the sale.
- NEW! The Guide to Marketing Weight-Loss Products - in this 16-page Special Report you'll learn how to successfully write copy in one of the hottest areas - weight-loss. And you'll uncover dozens of ideas you can use to raise your credibility with prospects.
- NEW! "How To" Marketing Guide for Profitable List Selection - a revealing Special Report that every freelance copywriter should read. In it you'll learn how to help your clients pick direct-mail lists, conduct tests, and a simple formula you can use to evaluate list performance. Most copywriters don't know these advanced skills yet they can double your chances of winning a long-standing control and regular royalty checks!
- UPDATED! Your very own swipe file of 25 health promotions - this database of legendary health promotions will serve as invaluable models of what works for different types of health products. You'll get ideas for control winning headlines, leads, subheads, offers - everything from the envelope to the close. And you'll also know what copy doesn't work.
- NEW! Your live "spec" assignment - a real-life assignment from a leading nutritional supplement company. If they decide to mail your letter, you'll get paid. In other words, you could be writing your very first health letter, and get paid to do so, within a few weeks of receiving the program materials.
It's easy to see why the newly expanded Secrets of Writing for the Health Market program is valued at over $2,000. But, as I've said, it's available to you today for the old price of just $399. Please keep in mind, however, that this is an introductory offer that you may not see again.
Rock-Solid, 30-Day Guarantee
So don't wait. If you'd like to learn about new health breakthroughs that can help people live better lives... earn just as much - or more - than most doctors in fees and royalties... sign up for AWAI's Secrets of Writing for the Health Market program right away.
Try it for 30 days. And if you don't agree that it's worth every penny you paid for it, simply return your unmarked materials and special reports, and we'll refund your money, no questions asked.
There's absolutely no risk to you. And there's so much for you to gain. I invite you to join the ranks of the most successful health copywriters working today. There's never been an easier way to get started.
In less than a month, this program could have you earning money for writing highly effective health letters and feeling satisfied knowing that you're doing important work to help others.
To get started immediately, click this button now:
AWAI Executive Director
P.S. Two things really set health copywriters apart from the rest: the incredible knowledge they're privy to about life-saving medical discoveries and the opportunity they get to share them with others... plus the potential to make more money than most top doctors!
P.P.S. Remember, there's absolutely no risk. Try the newly expanded Secrets of Writing for the Health Market program for 30 days. If you don't think it's everything we've promised here - and more - simply return it, and we'll refund your money. No questions asked. Click here to get started today.